Up for a new challenge?
As the great David Ogilvy puts it, ”we seek people who are bigger and smarter than ourselves.” If you have a knack for working with clients and creating engaging and impactful marketing and communications, we’d like to hear from you.
We are seeking a full-time web developer with a discerning eye for design to join our team. Design and development are often two different skillsets. We’ve been fortunate over the years to find people really good at both. Maybe you’re our next great team member.
This position requires the applicant to be a self-starter who is self-directed, personable, an excellent communicator, and can work independently and as a member of a team. This individual must be able to take ownership of tasks assigned and work within the scope of project assignments, while meeting expected deadlines and communicating progress to team members and key project stakeholders.
- Design, develop, evaluate, enhance, test, and maintain web sites, MySQL databases, and WordPress plugins/themes
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Promote exceptional customer experiences
- Work with our team in an agile environment to ensure successful product delivery
- Maintain style sheets and branding guidelines for various clients
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Maintain existing code and debug when necessary
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Work with other graphic designers to help with additional graphic design projects like branding and advertising
- 4+ years of web development experience
- Equal experience with graphic design
- Able to use CSS, SCSS, LESS with working knowledge of NPM, Grunt, and compass tasks
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development
- Proficiency working with WordPress and popular plugins (e.g., WooCommerce, Jetpack, UpdraftPlus, WP Super Cache, etc.), along with the ability to develop custom WordPress plugins and themes.
We are looking for creative graphic designers to interpret our clients needs and design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of clients and projects that involve tasks like concepting, branding, advertising, product packaging, websites, trade show booths, corporate identity, direct marketing, outdoor, social media advertising. Honestly, it could be virtually any type of advertising and communications.
Our goal is to visually communicate our clients’ messaging creatively, clearly and effectively.
- Work well with our team of in-house and remote staff and contractors
- Use a creative or design brief to make something special
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, account managers and company executives
- Proven examples of creative work illustrating versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Mastery of Adobe software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices (Greensboro, NC and Charlotte, NC)