Up for a new challenge?
As the great David Ogilvy puts it, ”we seek people who are bigger and smarter than ourselves.” If you have a knack for working with clients and creating engaging and impactful marketing and communications, we’d like to hear from you.
We are seeking a full-time web developer with a discerning eye for design to join our team. Design and development are often two different skillsets. We’ve been fortunate over the years to find people really good at both. Maybe you’re our next great team member.
This position requires the applicant to be a self-starter who is self-directed, personable, an excellent communicator, and can work independently and as a member of a team. This individual must be able to take ownership of tasks assigned and work within the scope of project assignments, while meeting expected deadlines and communicating progress to team members and key project stakeholders.
- Design, develop, evaluate, enhance, test, and maintain web sites, MySQL databases, and WordPress plugins/themes
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Promote exceptional customer experiences
- Work with our team in an agile environment to ensure successful product delivery
- Maintain style sheets and branding guidelines for various clients
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Maintain existing code and debug when necessary
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Work with other graphic designers to help with additional graphic design projects like branding and advertising
- 4+ years of web development experience
- Equal experience with graphic design
- Able to use CSS, SCSS, LESS with working knowledge of NPM, Grunt, and compass tasks
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development
- Proficiency working with WordPress and popular plugins (e.g., WooCommerce, Jetpack, UpdraftPlus, WP Super Cache, etc.), along with the ability to develop custom WordPress plugins and themes.
We are looking for creative graphic designers to interpret our clients needs and design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of clients and projects that involve tasks like concepting, branding, advertising, product packaging, websites, trade show booths, corporate identity, direct marketing, outdoor, social media advertising. Honestly, it could be virtually any type of advertising and communications.
Our goal is to visually communicate our clients’ messaging creatively, clearly and effectively.
- Work well with our team of in-house and remote staff and contractors
- Use a creative or design brief to make something special
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, account managers and company executives
- Proven examples of creative work illustrating versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Mastery of Adobe software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices (Greensboro, NC and Charlotte, NC)
Buffalo Groupe is a collection of advertising agencies and media properties dedicated to reaching an audience seeking escape. In the realm of active sport, outdoor recreation and wellness, brands that help create moments of escape are deemed trusted and welcome contributors. This is the highest form of advocacy – the power of escape marketing.
Buffalo Groupe is headquartered near Washington, DC, with additional offices in Charlotte, Charleston, Boulder, Portland and LA. Our Charleston, SC office and the location of our creative group headquarters is looking for a talented copywriter to join the team and work on a wide range of clients. The ideal candidate would be located in the Charleston area, however remote candidates will also be considered.
Provide a link to a portfolio that demonstrates a variety of sample work that is relevant to the job scope below – this can be made up of samples from college projects, professional work, or personal projects, but should feature work such as copy for banner ads, emails, newsletters, blog posts, social media, SEM, etc.
We will not be able to consider candidates who do not provide samples of relevant work.
Please email your resume and include either a link to your work samples or an attachment to email@example.com with “Jr. Copywriter” as the subject line.
- Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy across a wide range of clients and industries
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Creating original advertising content that results in effective and compelling communication
- Presenting work both to internal teams and to the client, defending thinking, understanding feedback, and making necessary changes in a timely manner
- Excellent creativity and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while delivering polished work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Ability to partner closely with graphic designers to bring copy to life visually
- Self-motivated, well organized and eager to learn
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) a plus
- Agency experience a plus
Web & Application Development Manager
Core to the project manager’s responsibilities are excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong technical aptitude, sense of urgency for completing projects on-time, within scope and within budget, extreme attention to detail, an obsessive demand for quality and implementing optimal solutions and an attitude for removing excuses and overcoming obstacles.
This position can be remote.
- Recruit, vet and direct a ‘bench’ of freelance developers, both local and national. Ensure freelancers possess needed skills and expertise, work with PM and director to assign work based on those skills and expertise and ensure freelancers apply solutions appropriate for defined project goals and requirements.
- Create and keep up-to-date project plans throughout the lifecycle of a project, including resources and timelines. Schedule milestones and ensure that commitments are met and align with the business strategy.
- Establish (or contribute to the establishment of) a statement of work that manages project scope among key stakeholders. Discover and validate business and technical requirements and parameters. Establish processes for reinforcing, managing and containing the project within scope.
- The Web PM will be responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and accurately transmitting them to a developer and/or development team.
- Plan project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application. Lead the exploration, evaluation, and design of functional and technical solutions. Prepare functional and technical specifications.
- Monitor project progress; tracking action items. Conduct design and implementation reviews. Examine, research and resolve issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority. Respond to team members’ concerns. As needed, prepare site/app architecture and produce code required for site/app build-out.
- Develop and complete test plans; maintain project and technical documentation.
- Take proactive measures to identify and remove roadblocks.
- React quickly to problems as they arise. Choose the optimal path to resolution given landscape, constraints, dependencies, and costs. Recalibrate project plans as needed.
- Synthesize information regarding project status, risks and dependencies to provide all stakeholders with a cohesive and accurate picture of the state of a project and required actions; ensure that all progress, findings, obstacles, issues and risks are identified, developed and trackable.
- Proactively communicate issues, status, risks, and needs to all internal and external stakeholders critical to a project’s success. Ask questions and actively listen to understand the business objectives. Examine and recommend changes to current business practices
- A working knowledge of the website and application development process. You should know all the steps involved in taking a product from a concept to live
- Experience managing, launching and maintaining a successful website or web application product
- Experience managing, maintaining and communicating project timelines and milestones
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical people
- Experience with WordPress CMS preferred
- Experience with BigCommerce, Shopify and other commerce platforms preferred
- Ability to manage without direct oversight of personnel
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/risk mitigation skills
- Works effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Consistently demonstrates enthusiasm, creative problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and switch gears quickly and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Responds urgently, as needed, under demanding deadlines
- Owns the role and understands the accountability that comes with responsibilities of the role